MEDIATION AND FACILITATION SKILLS TRAININGTCM supports organisations which are developing their Resolution First approach, including adopting the Resolution Framework™, by delivering award winning mediation and facilitation skills training. Our mediation courses include half day mediation 'taster' sessions, one day Core Mediation Skills™. two days Practical Mediation Skills™ and our flagship fully accredited programme The National Certificate in Workplace Mediation™. We also deliver team facilitation skills training and a wide array of continuing professional development (CPD) for your internal mediators.
TCM is an OCN approved training centre, an ILM approved training centre, and an IMI approved training provider. In addition, our short courses are accredited with the CPD Certification Service. TCM is a registered member of the Civil Mediation Council (CMC),
The benefits of mediation training are vast. Here are just five:
- Mediation is a powerful skill for resolving complex workplace issues..
- It underpins your Resolution First approach and it is a central feature of the Resolution Framework™.
- Mediators create the conditions for the parties to secure constructive and lasting remedies to conflicts, concerns and complaints.
- Everyone can be a mediator but don’t rely on accidental mediators to do it properly. The mediation training from TCM delivers the key skills and strategies to do it well.
- Mediation isn’t just for the workplace. It is a powerful skill that can be used in all aspects of our lives.
The National Certificate in Workplace Mediation™
Our fully interactive, instructor-led OCN-accredited mediation skills programme enables participants to learn essential skills and principles for mediation, practice skills and demonstrate competency to be a workplace mediator.
The course gives delegates an in-depth understanding of the psychology of conflict, working through the causes and effects of workplace disputes. Delegates will learn the skills and strategies essential to the mediation process, and work through a step-by-step mediation model to successfully resolve even the more complex employment and workplace disputes.
We also offer a range of shorter courses, suited to those looking to adopt a mediation-style approach to resolving simpler issues or those in their earliest stages.
Practical Investigation Skills™
The investigation process is complex, and requires a broad spread of skills, alongside a thorough understanding of organisational policies, procedures, and related employment law. Our Practical Investigation Skills course is the ideal option for in-house investigators and consultants. It will equip delegates to succeed in investigating the full range of high scoring cases identified by the Resolution Index.
Trainees will leave the programme, equipped with the following skills and knowledge:
- Understanding the scope of an Investigation
- Developing a clear Terms of Reference
- Interviewing the parties
- Evidence gathering to support the Investigation
- Preparing the final report